Swami Vivekananda, who has been an ideal person for all of us. Everyone should get inspiration from their life. It was his habit to keep his simplicity and his point out clearly to the other. Swami Vivekananda has made India popular with his great thoughts. Swami Vivekananda guided the whole world through a monk and spirituality. This tremendous Indian Hindu monk was born in Calcutta (Kolkata) to a noble Bengali family. In the 19th century, he was the one who attracted and lighted the greatness Hinduism to the world.
So here we present 14 unknown facts about Swami Vivekananda Ji and his life, Which will inspire and motivates all of us-
- Swami Vivekananda was born on 12th 1863 January. Due to his great works and to inspire the younger generation, his birthday is also celebrated as National Youth Day in India.
- Swami Vivekananda’s name was different from his birth name, his birth name was Narendra Nath Dutt.
- Even though Swami ji was from an aristocratic family, but that does not mean he never saw poverty. After the death of his father, his situation had changed drastically. But, Swami Vivekananda was proud that he had experienced poverty in his life.
- Swami ji is also known as patriotic said in the world because he always prioritized his nation, religion and culture first.
- Swami Vivekananda met his guru at Surendera Nath Mitra’s house in November 1881, his guru’s name was Ramakrishna, The first meeting of the Guru and Shishy was quite effective.
- Swami ji has traveled to America and England, In fact, Swami Vivekananda Ji once participated in the World Parliament of Religions held in Chicago (Illinois).
- Swami Vivekananda ji was also famous for his superb place, scoring 56% in BA and 46% in FA. And 47% marks in their entry-level examination in the university.
- He was the creator of the popular Ramakrishna Mission and Belur Math that is placed in Calcutta. He founded it with the motive of helping the needy in the whole India, while circulating the words of Hinduism.
- Swami Ji is a question one used to ask “Have you ever seen God”, Once, in 1880, he asked the same question to Debendranath Tagore, creator of the Brahmo Samaj and father of Rabindranath Tagore, in 1880. When he asked Tagore if he had seen God, Tagore replied, ” My boy, you have the Yogi’s eyes” and after that, in 1881 he asked the same question to Ramakrishna, the latter replied, ” Yes, I see Him as I see you, only in an infinitely intense sense.” This was a far more applicable answer to Narendranath.
- He had the great charm that truly assured the youth to do their important roles in the world. His vast charisma comforted him to bring India to the top list of nations that are religion-oriented.
- For 14 years, Vivekananda filed various lawsuits similar to the legal suit filed by his wife Gyanasundari. However, all litigations were rejected because they paid a financial stipend.
- Swami Vivekananda always used to say that I am not more than 40 years old, and he passed away 4 July 1902 at the age of 39 years. In thee last time of Swami Ji, he suffered from various diseases like asthma, malaria, typhoid, migraine, diphtheria, tonsillitis, and gastroenteritis.
- Swami Ji belonged to an eccentric family, a family that didn’t think before doing anything, the biggest example was his sister Jogenderbala who committed self-immolation.
- In 1888, once Swami ji revolved around Govardhan, decided that now he was not begging.If someone needs to give me food, he will give himself. By midday, he neither ate or drank anything, he was suffering from hunger and kept going. Suddenly someone called him from behind, then Swami ji kept running to take the person’s exam. , The person grabbed Swami ji and said, Maharaj, accept your meal. On that moment, Swami Vivekananda realized that God are always with me.
These are the 14 facts of swami ji that you might don’t know but there are lots of things ahead you are unaware of it…